Earlier this summer I had the opportunity to spend a week as a den leader for Cub Scout Day Camp. I had a great time and the nine boys in my den were a lot of fun! This past week Keith was able to take a week of vacation from work and go to Cub Scout resident camp with Connor. They both were looking forward to it since they had so much fun last year and they get to spend some one-on-one time together. I also enjoyed having the time alone with Evan at home.
They both had a great time this year but were exhausted when they got home. Though it wasn't even noon, Connor was sound asleep in the car when they got home!! They went with a group from Connor's pack and did lots of fun things....archery, BB guns, crafts, whittling, swimming, sports. Their pack won most of the awards at camp that week. Connor even said the food was good, despite the fact that their pack had to take their turn being "waiters" one night!
Connor in his tent
Connor in front of the dining hall

Reading letters on his bunk

Hanging out around camp

Just hangin' around!
Archery Time (Connor is the one in the black shirt in the middle)

Woodworking (making catapults)

Swimming
Connor's Pack
Connor's turn to be a waiter

The shield that their pack made to leave at camp
(It was a Knights of the Round Table theme)
Next year Evan will be in Cub Scouts too so all three of my boys will be gone for a week! I won't know what to do with myself! I'm sure I'll figure out something though! ;)

3 comments:
Looks like he had lots of fun!
Looks like fun! I couldn't help but think though ... Oh man, won't Susan be thrilled when both boys are old enough to go to camp with Keith and she gets a week to herself...... Oh wait, maybe that's just me wishing I had time alone.. HA HA
Ah, Cub Scout Camp! It looks like he had a blast. What a great shield that they made.
Post a Comment