Sunday, January 27, 2008

Four eyes are better than two, right?


We've known that it was coming for a while but this past fall Connor had to get glasses. Though most kids would have dreaded this, Connor was so excited he could barely stand it! He had been wanting them for a while. He's been going to the eye doctor since he was 6 months old as he has unequal pupil dilation so the doc has been following the changes with his eyes. He had been there in January of 2007 for an exam and the doc didn't think that the benefit of putting him in glasses would outweigh the hassle at that point. However, once Connor went back to school in the fall he started complaining that he was having trouble seeing the board. When we took him back to the doc in October he said that it was time now for him to get glasses. He doesn't have to wear them all the time, mostly just for school and if he's watching tv or stuff at a distance. And although his initial excitement of having glasses has dwindled, he's still good about wearing them and *usually* remembers to grab them when he's heading off to school!

I think they make him look more grown up! Sniff!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I think I'm doing the sniffing along with you! I can't believe how much he's grown. ~~Tammy