Sunday, September 09, 2007

The First Day of School

Well, the first day of school went better than I could have imagined! Both boys jumped out of bed and couldn't wait to get outside to watch for the bus. Evan didn't seem nervous AT ALL and when the bus pulled up he ran up the steps without even as much as a look back at mom. :( I did call to him as he boarded the bus so he could at least turn around for a pic. There is NO WAY that a photo obsessed person like myself is going to let the first day of kindergarten pass without a picture of him getting on the bus!

I had to go to the school that morning anyway as I was helping with the "BooHoo breakfast" for kindergarten parents. I ended up going down to where the kids were arriving on the buses to take pictures for the yearbook so I couldn't resist snapping a few more of my monkeys arriving for their first day. Again, Evan saw me but couldn't have cared less!! He just wanted to get down to his classroom! Ok, ok....I *know* that this is a great thing that he's excited but it's still a little sad for mommy. After all I've done for that boy for the last 6 years....can't he even *pretend* to be having a little trouble leaving mom behind? Sniff, sniff!

They were still in a good mood when they got home and both said they had a great day! I sure hope it continues!
Keith and I went into Connor's class on Friday for his birthday. We took in cupcakes and juice for him to share with his class. We stayed till the end of the day so they didn't have to take the bus home and we got an opportunity to talk with Evan's teacher about how he's doing. She said that he's had a couple little issues but is adjusting well. She said he was really excited one day because he had done something good and got to put a marble in the class jar. I think the class gets a reward when the jar gets full. He hasn't cried at all and has only had a couple minor little mood swings when he didn't want to do something or he was frustrated. She said she was very happy with how it is going so far. I must admit I'm relieved but I'm trying not to get too confident that the worst has passed!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Poor mommy! LOL You should be HAPPY that they were both great going to school!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that they had a great start to their school year! I can relate to the last one going off to school. I can't believe how much they've grown! ~~Tammy