Sunday, September 02, 2007

September already??

I can't believe the summer has already come and gone. Tomorrow is the labor day holiday but it doesn't feel like it should already be September! It's been a good summer but it has gone by too fast!

This next week is going to be a BIG week in our house. On Wednesday school starts and my *baby* will be a kindergartener! Sniff, sniff. How is that even possible? Yeah, I know that he could have gone last year and that he's nearly 6 but still....he's my BABY! He seems excited but I am a nervous wreck... When that school bus pulls away I am gonna be crying my eyes out! On Tuesday I go with him to the school for an hour for him to meet his teacher and take his supplies in. His teacher's name is Mrs. Wolff. He went in a couple weeks ago for a 2 day program for kids who might have trouble with the transition. He had a good time at that so I am hoping that it means that I am overreacting about how bad I think this might go...

And then next Saturday Connor turns EIGHT! Yes, eight. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant. It amazes me how grown up he has become and I love the conversations I have with him now. Don't get me wrong, when he and Evan are screwing around he still acts like he's 4, but when it's just the two of us we have some really good chats. He's going into third grade and is excited to go back and see his friends. A couple of his really good friends are going to be in his class again this year so he was happy to hear that.

So tomorrow is our last day to relax a little before our life goes back to that daily routine. Hope you all are having a fun long weekend!! :)

No comments: