Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Welcome Sparky and Stripey and Flipper and...

Because I don't have enough to do around here we've now added a few more slimy little pets to our family. This past weekend was our church carnival and naturally the boys favorite game was the one where you could win a goldfish. I didn't realize how much they liked the game until the end of the day when we went to leave and I went to get their "prizes" off of my desk in the office and there were about 15 goldfish in bags!! Aye yi yi! So home we went and found the tank Evan used to have in his room and now they are living on the kitchen counter. So far only 2 have died. And please don't email me to tell me that 13 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank is cruel. Cruel would have been if they'd ended up as food for a turtle or bigger fish or some other pet that requires "live food." I'd say these fish are darn lucky!!

2 comments:

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Fish arent real pets! Do you want a rabbit???? Cage, food included. Plllease...........

Kelly said...

Just be careful, cause if the two that died already had any sort of disease - the rest are probably gonna go to fishie heaven too