Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A post about nothing...

I am going to make a valiant attempt to update our blog on a regular basis. So I thought that if I make it a point to post every few days even if I don't have some event to post about it would keep me in the habit. So, here is my post about nothing...

Connor just joined the Computer Club at school. Today was the first meeting and he LOVED it! My little computer dork! Ok, so I'm just jealous of the opportunities that kids have today. I am amazed at how easily both of the boys pick up on anything that has to do with computers. The computer club will be meeting Wednesday and Fridays after school for a few weeks so he is happy about that. I, on the other hand, now have more running around to do...

We bought a Wii today!! Yes, this is exciting news. The boys are THRILLED! However, they are both currently grounded from video games until further notice. Their behavior hasn't been the best lately so we took away their 4 wheeler and video games. Sucks to have a Wii finally in stock at Walmart during your grounding, doesn't it boys?? I'm sure that eventually they'll be able to play it. Until then maybe Keith and I will enjoy it after the boys go to bed!!

And on a sad note we woke up to find one of Evan's recently aquired pets deceased. A month or two ago he got two gerbils that he named Kirby and Ricki (both females). Well (and this is gross!) it appears that Kirby didn't enjoy having company in her little part of the world and she took steps to send Ricki to gerbil heaven. Not a fun thing to wake up to first thing in the morning. And now Evan wants to get Kirby another friend.... Ummm, probably not our best move! I told him that Kirby likes her space. Apparently this isn't that uncommon, especially among female gerbils, but it still is rather disturbing. I guess it's a gerbil eat gerbil world...

That's all for now....Off to help Connor with his homework and get the boys to bed. Keith is in Philadelphia for a couple of days so Kirby isn't the only solo act in our house tonight...

3 comments:

Pat'sPen, Ink! said...

Hon, I used to clean the animal cages in high school (scholarship duty) and I can tell you, there is something far worse than finding a dead baby mouse in the cage. It's finding HALF a dead baby mouse.

Bleh.

Morenita said...

Oh, poor baby! Perhaps you should get him a fish instead??

I agree, bleh -on finding a half dead mouse....

Morenita said...

Oh, poor baby! Perhaps you should get him a fish instead??

I agree, bleh -on finding a half dead mouse....