

Evan petting the beluga whale!The boys watching the killer whales.
The commercial says "Everyone loves Marineland!" and I'd have to agree! We try to go every year and the boys absolutely love it. I must admit I rather enjoy it myself. Keith has been really busy since he's transitioning from one job to the other, so the boys and I went with our friends Amber, Rachel and Erica to Marineland the week after school got out. It was a good week to go as the kids in Canada were still in school so the park wasn't that busy. Good thing for us since we were traveling with four kids who haven't yet mastered that whole patience thing!
We had a great day and the kids even all behaved! :) They loved going on all of the rides, Connor especially enjoyed the one where it takes you up in the air and drops you. No, not that huge one you see in the commercials, the Sky Screamer, it was a smaller version. No way Mom would let her baby on that thing! Maybe someday, but *I* am just not ready for him to go on that one! Evan isn't what you would call a daredevil when it comes to rides, he prefers the ones that go slower and....well, the boring ones! But he had a good time on them anyway.
The deer park is always one of the boys favorite areas. And Mom loves it cause I always get the coolest pics of them in there. They love petting the deer and feeding them those ridiculous deer pellets in an ice cream cone that cost $2 a piece! That is my only real peeve with Marineland--you've already paid almost $40 per person to get in and then every darn animal you see (deer, bears, fish) you have to pay another $2 each to feed them. Ok, so you don't *have* to pay it but just try telling my kids that they can't. I guarantee it won't be pretty. And since I' ve already paid $120 to get the three of us in there I'm not gonna risk a giant meltdown that will ruin the rest of our day. I think the people who run Marineland prey on this fact!
They love the whale, sea lion and dolphin shows. And of course we paid the extra $8 each so they could pet and feed one of the beluga whales. You can't go to Marineland without petting the whales, right??
Now, if you ask the boys what their favorite thing was they would both say the same thing--"When the killer whale pooped!"
Admission to Marineland: $120
Petting and feeding animals: $30
Hotdogs, fries and drinks for lunch: $25
Overpriced crap in the gift shop: $50
Seeing a whale poop: PRICELESS!!

Feeding the deer.





5 comments:
Seeing a whale poop!!!! HA HA HA Go figure, hey? Great pics!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Sus,
What GREAT pictures and family fun!
Thanks for sharing!
Ci!
What? No pic of the whale poop??? Geez, slacker!! LOL!!
Nancy, sorry I didn't post the whale poop pic. I'll be sure to email that one to you though. I know how you enjoy a good whale poo!
Post a Comment