I can't believe how quickly the summer has come and gone. I'm already dreading the winter and it's barely October!!We celebrated Connor's 6th birthday in September.
Why does six sound so old to me?? He had a birthday party the weekend before his birthday with lots of friends and family. Instead of buying him a bunch of toys that he doesn't need (and I don't need to clean up!), we redid his room as his gift from us. He loves Dale Earnhardt Jr so we did his room with that theme. My brother, David, helped me with the painting and wallpaper border and I bought him all new bedding, posters and a few other Dale Jr things. He loves it!The boys are both off to school now! Connor started 1st grade and is doing well.
He seems to like it a lot more than last year. Fortunately one of his best buddies from last year is in his class. They have their desks right next to each other and I can't believe his teacher hasn't separated them yet. His teacher's name is Mrs. Koukides and he really likes her. I am volunteering in his classroom two days a week--Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings. I just went on a field trip with his class to Brown's Berry Patch and it was so much fun. We went on a hay ride, picked pumpkins, had lunch in a barn, saw some animals and the kids played in a play area and had a lot of fun!Evan started preschool on September 12th. He loves it!!
He is such a social little critter! I love seeing him all ready for school with his Scooby Doo backpack! He's sooo cute!! He has Mrs. Porter for a teacher, the same one Connor had a couple years ago. I've been in to help in his class a couple times already and it's a really nice group of kids. There is even one set of triplets! I can't even imagine!! The class has 20 kids in it and 15 of them are boys!! Poor Mrs. Porter!!
Connor just passed his test to be promoted in Taekwondo. He went from a yellow striped belt to a solid yellow belt. Black belt here he comes!! He still really likes it and we're encouraging him to stick with it. The official promotion ceremony is next Saturday night.He also just started going to Cub Scouts. I'm hoping that this can be a father/son activity since I already feel like I spend my entire life running around to the boys various activities. He got his kit to build a pinewood derby car and he's really looking forward to that!
My last entry rambled about how we've had so much sickness. Well, it continues... Both of the boys have recently recovered from the stomach flu (they both missed a few days of school) and now Evan has a nasty cough. Where are all of these germs coming from? I guess I've gotta get more faithful with the vitamins!
Evan's birthday is next week (October 13). My baby is turning 4!! We're in the process of planning his party and will probably have it on the 23rd. October is such a busy month around here that it's hard to find a date that works for everyone. Evan loves Scooby Doo so that will be the theme of his party. He's really excited! Next Friday I will go into his class to celebrate his birthday too.
Keith and Connor have returned with Chinese food (Connor's favorite!) so I'm off for now...

4 comments:
Susan, Connor has good taste in NASCAR drivers! LOL! My daughter's favorite driver is LittleE as well. She loved the pic of his cake and bedroom.
Hard to believe the virtual nephews are getting so big. I remember when they were born.
Goodness, I feel old!
I FEEL OLD.
'Nuff said.
Suse, the boys are adorable and you obviously have your hands full! And you still have time for this blog! Teach me how. (To find time that is). More importantly, if you find out how to make time slow down let me know. Megan is now WALKING and birthday #1 is coming fast. Danny is loving 2nd grade. Where did my babies go?
Hope to see you soon!
Susuan,
Yor boys are geting so big! Great room! Connor must be the coolest kid on the block with that room. Great idea! Happy late Birthday to your boys and thanks for the updates!
The room is great! I still think Evan looks like David as a youngin'!!!
Di
Post a Comment