Let's see....where to begin...
Connor finished kindergarten in June.
After a rough start he had a great year! I am amazed at how much he learned this past year and how much older he seems. I'm trying to continue working with him over the summer on school stuff so that he's all ready for 1st grade in September. He doesn't know who is teacher is for the fall yet but we should be finding out sometime in August. He's excited because his kindergarten teacher spilled the beans to me that one of his friends, Chris, will still be in his class. Chris is one of a set of twins that were Connor's best buddies last year. Anyway, they had a graduation ceremony that was so cool. When did kindergarteners start having graduations?? :)
During the ceremony the teacher had each kid stand up individually and she talked about them and gave them an "award." Connor received the "Future 4-wheel racer award"...big shock, huh?? Apparently he drove everyone nuts will all of his 4-wheeler talk all year!! When presenting Connor with his award his teacher said that all year she and the teachers
aide though that Connor had a real big 4 wheeler and that it was only through talking with me near the end of the year that they realized it was just his *stories* that were big, his 4-wheeler was actually a small one made by Fisher Price!! LOL
I volunteered in Connor's class two days a week all year plus I was there for all of the activities and field trips and stuff so I am gonna miss the little monsters!! I loved being able to be involved in his class and to get to know all of the kids (well, *most* of them!). I hope that next year I can be in his class a lot again but I'm not sure if they still have as much parental involvement in 1st grade.

The pic above is Connor's buddies from kindergarten. From the left is Chris, Eric, Connor and Connor's first *crush*, Natalie! He was so cute when he would talk about her! Awww!
Since I was in their classroom so much, the kids made me a gift and their teacher, Mrs. Penepent, presented it to me (along with some flowers) during the graduation ceremony. They made me an adorable tote bag that they all put their names and "faces" on. I love it!
I can't believe that this school year has gone by so fast. It seems like just yesterday that I put him on the bus that first day and cried my eyes out! I'm really proud of him! Why does "1st grader" sound so much older than "kindergartener?" I feel like my baby is slipping away from me. :(
So, I've rambled enough for one post. I think I'll do another one later today cause I haven't even begun to tell you all about what's new with us! I'm really excited about the new photo feature on here too, as you can tell by my excessive use of photos!! LOL What can I say? I'm a picture person!! More in a bit...



No comments:
Post a Comment