Monday, December 13, 2004

Christmas is Coming!

How is it possible that Christmas is less than two weeks away?? Where did this year go? I'm finally all decorated for the holidays but the task of wrapping is still ahead of me. Where are Santa's elves when I really need them? I have the majority of my shopping done but there are still a few gifts to buy for some hard-to-shop-for people. Keith still has the outdoor lighting to finish but I have a lovely display of animated raindeer in my garage to show for his efforts to this point!

The boys got to see Santa last week. I still volunteer for the Big Buddy program so the boys, Rachael (my little buddy), and I went to the Big Buddy Christmas party last Wednesday. I didn't think there was any chance that either of the boys would be caught within 100 yards of Santa but they surprised me. When he called their names they both ran right up to him and sat on his lap. I don't think it hurt the situation that he had gifts for them! I managed to get pictures of both of them with Santa so I was happy! Yes, as most of you know I *am* that freak mom who has to have pictures of EVERYTHING! The boys had a good time and they always enjoy spending time with Rachael so it was a nice evening.

Last night the boys were in a little Christmas concert at church. Evan, of course, was a ham and was singing and dancing his little heart out. Connor, on the other hand, stood there with his hands in his pockets barely moving his lips! It was cute. They love Sunday school and going to church, we don't even have to bribe them!

Connor's karate holiday party was Saturday night. They had an awards presentation and Connor got the trophy for being "Quiet as a Mouse!" For those of you who *really* know Connor, you understand how hysterical this is!! At karate though, he is a TOTALLY different kid! They think he is so quiet and well-behaved. Why can't he exhibit some of this behavior at home?? Connor also got promoted to green-striped belt in October, I'm not sure if I mentioned that in an earlier entry. Evan can't wait till he can take karate, he already asks me "when can I take 'arate'?"

I guess that's all for now folks! Not sure if there will be another entry before Christmas or not so I better take this opportunity to wish you and your families a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope Santa is good to all of you!




No comments: