Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"When I grow up I want to be an animal breeder..."


Huh? An animal breeder? Does he know what animal breeders DO?? Yep, in my son's kindergarten class play last week his big line was "When I grow up I want to be an animal breeder!" And yes, he wrote that line himself. His teacher asked him what he wants to be when he grows up and that was his response. He did have a couple other lines but when I read his script and saw that one I couldn't help what the other parents would think we do at our house. I knew he had written it himself, he talks about it all the time. Usually it's a "chihuahua breeder" but this was close enough that I knew it came from him. His teacher's response..."that's what makes kindergarten plays fun!" Oh well, he did get a chuckle from the parents....all the other kids wanted to be boring things--firefighters, helicopter pilots, chefs, teachers. I am so proud of my boy, the animal breeder!
Oh, and after the play the principal came over and asked him, "Evan, what does an animal breeder do?" I was a little nervous about what he would say....and then he said "They put a boy animal and a girl animal together"...and then he pauses...."and then they lay an egg." Phew! And then he looked at her with this look of "duh!" Gotta love that boy!

The play went great though! The kids were all so cute and had a lot of fun. Nana, Grandpa, and Grandma were able to come and watch the play and then join us in Evan's classroom for cookies and punch.

I can't believe kindergarten is almost over. Sniff, sniff...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt it great when kids say the darndest things. He is so funny and CUTE. It is so sad when your last child goes through kindergarden. I think its worse for 5th grade. Will find out.

Kelly said...

Could've been worse, he could have wanted to be a gynocologist HA HA

Tammy said...

He is too cute! I think I'm gonna cry with ya though! I can't believe he's graduating from Kindergarten! And Ty's graduating from Elementary School on Monday. So yeah, I can't relate! Sniff! Sniff! Give Evan a kiss and hug for me! (((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

Tammy

Anonymous said...

I am with you mine just graduated high school, If that dont make you feel old. It goes by fast so take all the years in slowly!

Nancy said...

How wonderful for Evan. I'm sure he'll change his mind about a hundred times between now and when he finally decides what he wants to to when he grows up. LOL!

I'm going to post on the last couple of entries here as well. (Apparently your messages have been going into my spam folder at yahoo for some strange reason! I only found them today!)

Congrats to Connor on his first place in the Derby! That's really cool!

And tell Keith I said congrats on the turkey shoot! That's one *huge* turkey!